Sunday, August 2, 2009

hanging out


So i've been working in the bay area for 6 weeks. Usually i try to work 9 or 10 hr days since I'm out of town and don't have much else to do. So i finished my 8 hr shift framing and headed down to get a soda take a break and then headed over to another house to install some lights in the garage.
This garage had no sheetrock on the ceiling and was just exposed rafters. I took down some old school outdoor flood lights and was putting in florescent one. The problem was I didn't bring a ladder since I had been working out of my car. The only ladder they had that was tall enough was a giant antique wood orchard ladder. It was pretty much just like this one. <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
So the owners left for the evening and I was working by myself. I was on top of the ladder when the one legged side of the ladder slipped out and the whole ladder collapsed. I had thought to myself that it could happen since the ladder was old and not very stable and I was using it on a smooth concrete floor. Anyway as the ladder slid to the floor I grabbed the rafter and was left hanging there from the rafters. It was about 15 feet to the concrete floor. I had my tool belt including my notorious 32oz hammer that was sure to smack me in the ancle however I landed. So there I was suspended 12 feet in the air with nobody around and I thought to myself once again.... I didn't sign up for this $#@!

No comments:

Post a Comment