Thursday, March 5, 2009

sleepless nights

So it has come to this.... a few urgings + an overall sense of non-contribution + sleeping in too late and staying up too late + introspection and just plain bordem = Jeff has a blog

Well as I find myself approaching 30 I tend to reflect on certain things...

Am I the only single person in redding pursuing a career in a seemingly dead end job?

Is writing on this thing from time to time going to make me feel like Doogie Howser? (people used to tell me I kinda looked like him..., my question is; Is he going bald? Does he look 38-according to a recent poll

Home is where you hang your hat..... really? 'cause recently I find myself hanging my hat on the step ladder I sleep next to in a closet of a jobsite, and let me tell you.... It don't feel like home

They say the rich get richer.... and I have to agree. Every time I reflect that we are in a slow economy and I should save more and spend less, I eat at home and try to work more, however due to the lack of work and the fact I'm at home all the time I get depressed and go buy a Reses Blizzrd and spend money

A little bit about work:

Work is work... and things are looking up. We now have a signed contract on a 2 month job... I will say times have changed... The job is adding on a mother in laws master suite onto a mobile home in happy valley... work is work

In a recent kitchen remodel, a consultant from our company designed a sewerline to drop from the second floor into one end of a kitchen island, and then wraped it in a decorative small cabinet... to save about $1,000 on a 100,000 overall cost. The intent of this job was to open up the kitchen and family room. In a related incident to save an additional $5000 he decided to leave an existing 4' wall floating off center in the middle of the room.... when questioned his reasoning was well this jobs not perfect... they are going to have a sewer line drop in the middle of the kitchen so an out of place wall should be no big deal..... at this i was amazed to me this is like loosing one of your toes in an accident an then cutting off the same toe on your other foot so they will match... according to the math.... I'm speechless

Memoirs coming soon

Jeff

8 comments:

  1. you now have my favorite blog...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jeff, Welcome to the blogging world. I'll look forward to reading your memoirs...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeff... I'm so glad you lead worship for us.

    Josh

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey.... thanks for reading the blog josh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why don't they just have the sewer line dump out of the ceiling into the kitchen sink? That would save even more money!

    Remind me never to hire that designer.

    So... it looks like you'll post a new entry, what, every other week? Wow... how do you fit that into your jam-packed schedule?!? LMArmpitO
    Bill

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got to tell you, I am really glad to be out of the construction gig. You should try it. But i guess in these economic times you may not have a choice. I mean how many other trailer inhabitance are looking to do additions?

    Love you man and I am glad your on the blogesphere

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jeff, I now have something to look forward to as I lay here on the floor at 2 in the morning, dvd playing on the tv that i have on only to keep me company as my eyes grow heavy of sheer boredom and i slip slowly into madness. Your blog has made me smile and if getting through the week has done nothing but get me to this uncomfortable spot on the floor, craning my neck to read your words of wisdom from the computer, than i consider it all worthwhile. Thanks, man. I look forward to much more.
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  8. by the way, i'm glad the badger wolverine monster didn't get you.

    ReplyDelete